What is Sprayed Polyurethane Foam?
SPF is a closed cell roofing and insulation material that forms a seamless, monolithic barrier that prevents air and water infiltration.
SPF systems are referred to as "self-flashing" because they can be applied to vertical surfaces such as parapet walls and roof penetrations in a continguous manner, thus eliminating seams and cold joints - the main source of roof leaks.
Advantages of SPF:
- Minor Maintenance
- Renewable Warranty with simple recoats
- Elasticity and strength
- Lower energy costs
- No thermal bridging
- Highest R value insulation
- Lower roof temperatures
- Lower AC costs
- Reflects solar radiation
- Water cannot migrate through closed cell foam
- Positive drainage
- High wind uplift resistance
- No deck penetration
- Usually no tear-off
- Conforms to irregular shapes
- Adheres to almost any substrate
- No fasteners, no welding, no gluing
- Lower labor cost
For more information visit the
Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance website.
Locations around the United States using SPF:
- George Bush Presidential Library
- GE Alliance Park
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors
- Xerox World Headquarters
- IBM Headquarters
- The Superdome, New Orleans
Problem-plagued Convention Center Roof
Same Roof - Leak Free after SPF
Locations using SPF applied by Urethane Foam Roofers, Inc.:
City of Atlanta
Coweta County Schools
Troup County Jail
Also, several banks and churches.
Please feel free to phone us for additional references!
Our Services include:
- Spray Urethane Foam Roofing
- Cold Storage
- Metal Buildings
- Mobile Homes
- All Flat Roofs
- BUR replacement.
Use our Contact Form for a FREE Estimate!
Layers of a typical roofing application.
Copyright © 2002, Urethane Foam Roofers, Inc.. All Rights Reserved